our network GINKS is undertaking this study and hopefully going to make a presentation on intro to web 2.0 and blogging
see details below :
WEB2.0 TRAINING FOR GINKS MEMBERS
Date: 14th February 2008
Technology is transforming developed and developing economies at much faster rate than we ever thought and the earlier we avail ourselves to learn about these technology tools for development, the better for us.
Quite recently, there have been talks about second generation Internet-based tools popularly known as web2.0 tools such as: Wikis, Weblogs, Ajax, Social Software’s, Podcast, Video Blogs and many more tools which are open-source and great potential for development in different domains. You may have heard the word, but what do they really mean?
Realizing the importance of web2.0 tools for development, the Ghana Information Network for Knowledge Sharing (GINKS) is organizing a day’s workshop for members on two of the tools namely: video blogs and weblogs. This session will introduce the concepts and tools behind the next generation of internet technologies or what has been dubbed "Web.20" or "Social Media." We’ll do some live demos of these tools, discuss their potential to enhance our work, along with some of the concerns they raise.
* To introduce members of the network to emerging Internet Technologies
* To improve upon the information gathering and sharing skills of members through web2.0 tools
* To give opportunity for members to have hands on training on some of the tools
In other to achieve the above stated objectives, focus will however be placed on the following
* What is Weblog,
* What is Video blog?
* How to create a web log and do a video blog,
* How to link a weblog to a video blog,
* Value/Importance of Weblogs and video blogs.