The Government continues to place emphasis on the potential of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to provide a foundation for building an information and knowledge society and has accordingly integrated the Ghana ICT Policy for Accelerated Development, as driver and enabler, within the three-pronged GPRS II development strategy.
2. In connection with this, the Ministry of Communications is facilitating the organisation of the 2nd Ghana Information and Communications Technologies Excellence Awards 2008 in partnership with industry players in the private sector. This initiative is designed to serve as a key catalyst for government and the private sector to drive the programme of using ICT for accelerated national development.
3. The main objectives of this Awards scheme are:
· To create greater awareness of the role of ICT in public services and the development process within the framework of the Information Society.
· To motivate other stakeholders in effective utilization of ICT for citizens services.
· To ensure that ICT professionals are provided a benchmark for recognizing and validating outstanding contribution.
· To transform and promote Ghana into an information and knowledge-driven nation by ensuring commitment to the 14 pillars stated in the National ICT Policy document.
4. In view of the above; you are kindly invited to participate in the official launching ceremony scheduled as follows:
Date: Thursday, 20th March 2008
Venue: International Press Centre
Time: 10.00 a.m. Prompt